How to login into 192.168.l.l IP Address or 192.168.1.1 Login in Jiofi and How to Change Default IP Settings / Recover Router Password using the 192.168.l.1 – Login for Jiofi 2 Router….
What is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.l.l? Technically 192.168.l.1 or 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.l.l is a private IP address of web interfaces of most of the routers. The web interfaces are used to set up, configure and troubleshoot the home networks. It is an address from the space 192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255. If it is a wireless network, then it has the page that show you who’s currently connected to your Wi-Fi network.
How to Login into 192.168.l.l Jio or 192.168.1.1 Router Admin
Type 192.168.1.1 in the URL of your web browser
On the off chance it doesn’t reach the router admin page try to fix it by checking the Ethernet cable first. Check the connection of the cable to the computer as well as to the router.
After doing this, check the IP address of your system. Go to network settings, Open change adaptor settings, select properties click on IPV4 addresses and check the IP address assigned to your system. For Non-techies it is online router set-up software. It is very important to know 192.168.1.1 IP address while setting up a new router or while troubleshooting your network problems.
It is an address that you need to type in the URL of your browser. You get access to your network security settings. If you want to add other devices to the network connect those to 192.168.1.1. However your phones don’t need to connect to the IP, they can find the network by its name.
But some routers have a different IP address from 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.l.l. It can be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.2.1 depending on the manufacture. In case a router is already installed in a system, you can get the IP from the router manual. When the documentation is not there, follow these three simple steps:
- Open Run window (windows + R), type ‘cmd’ for command prompt.
- Type ‘ipconfig’ and hit Enter.
- There you find Default Gateway term. The four number string separated by dots is your router IP.
192.168.1.254 or 192.168.l.l IP address is useful for configuring routers and troubleshooting networks. It requires username and password to get access. You have to change the default password to prevent other people on your network from doing any changes in the settings.
You can change this under “use this IP address” field as:
- IP address: 192.168.1.x (x can be 2 to 254)
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
- Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.l.l or 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.254
- Now try to login again in your browser. You get access to you router admin page.
To Access 192.168.1.1 router admin page you need to have the user ID and password. If you have not changed the default password then use the default username, password for your router.
For example in Linksys router the default Password is ‘admin’. And you can leave the username field blank.
If you have changed it already, Use your password to get in. Oops!!!! You forgot the password.
Don’t worry, in case you forgot your password you could use the reset or Restore button on your router (mostly at the back in the red). Press it for 10-15 seconds. Start it again and enter ‘admin’ for the username and default password.
What you can do with the IP address 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.l.l
All Routers have different layouts offering different features. The basic features are customize password, enabling parental controls, defining limits to restrict Internet usage, setting a custom DNS server and managing status information of your Wi-Fi network. Other advanced features are QoS, DNS, proxy, LAN, WLAN settings, ADSL modem settings.
How to recover router username and password by signin into 192.168.1.1
People forget their password and user names, others may not know their routers default login. However if you are experiencing this problem you need not to worry below are some ways to handle the situation:
- Use the router’s default username and password: This is the simplest and one of the best solution. All the routers have a label or documentation which has its default username and the password at the back or underside of the tag. Otherwise see the router user manual. In that manual you can get the default router id and security key will be available.
- Lookup for the default username and password, in case you don’t find it, the serial number or model number will definitely serve the purpose. The other way to find the default login will be through the database or manufacturers website.
- Factory reset, if you had already changed your username or password and in any case you forgot, you can factory reset the router again and by doing this the password will be restored. Usually the reset buttons are very small and requires a pin to press to down for few seconds.
192.168.1.1 Username and Password
Changing the username and Password is very important as it helps in keeping your router secure. Once you change the default login credentials, it becomes difficult for other users to access the router whether in your office or house. The good news is that you can get rid of the new settings by simply pressing a reset button on your router.
Before changing the username and Password you will have to make use of ‘admin’ in order to access the router’s admin panel. Alternatively you can make use of ‘admin’ as the username and ‘password’ as the password. Other username and password for routers using 192.168.1.1 IP Address are given below.
- D-Link – admin/admin
- Vodafone – root/123456
- Thomson – admin/admin
- Digicom – user/password
- BenQ – admin/password
Uses of IP Address 192.168.l.l
The 192.168.1.1. IP Address is a default router used by Linksys and Cisco. Its manufactured in such a way that it can configured at home or in small business routers. 192.168.1.1 is basically used to troubleshoot network connectivity issues. Most of these issues are mostly loss of connectivity from the user while they forget their password and lose their network.
The IP Internet Protocol) address is series of numbers assigned to devices like routers, computers and so on. In order to connect to the network required. This network requires IP to enable the connectivity. The IP address basically used to locate the network and identify the network. They are mostly used locally by those people with small businesses or at home. The address is also used to access the Linksys router setup webpage.